This Health and Safety Committee and Health and Safety Representative training course provides in-depth knowledge about how to set up and effectively run your health and safety committee. Explains the HSC and HSR roles, responsibilities, and duties, in an easy-to-digest format.
It covers the required training for HSC co-chairs and HS Reps, and is approved by Alberta Labour, and meets the Alberta OHS legislated training requirements.
The course is written by AMHSA which is a Government of Alberta approved training agency.
- Alberta OHS legislations.
- Roles and responsibilities of worksite parties and their OHS obligations.
- How to establish and support an HSC or HSR.
- The duties and expectations of the HSC or HSR.
- Worksite inspections, prep, performing, and communicating the results.
- Incident Reporting & Investigation.
- Preventing workplace violence and harassment.
- Running effective committee meetings.
Our Opinion on this Health and Safety Committee and Representative course
This program will guide your H&S committee to success. It has a great amount of information to either get started or enhance your existing program.
It contains relevant, Alberta-specific information and guidelines in an easy-to-understand way with some short quizzes to keep your group engaged and ensure comprehension before moving to the next segment.
An incredible bonus with this program, not offered with others is a downloadable PDF containing all of the information for future reference. The course can be easily broken up into smaller time frames to make it manageable.
"We highly recommend this HSC and HSR training program for construction and hospitality in Alberta. It is good for managers, co-chairs, and any HSC members who would like to learn more about being on a health and safety committee."
- Health & Safety Committee co-chairs
- Health & Safety Committee members
- Health & Safety Representatives